Thursday, July 22, 2010

Father's Day 2010

Sunday, June 20, 2010. Now that my boys are getting a little older, Father's Day has quickly become one of my very favorite holidays. The best part is just getting quality together time and lots of hugs and kisses.

Below are pics of a few of the things the boys gave me this Father's Day. My favorite was the present Noah picked out and wrapped - a 6 pack of bottled water. It may seem random, but it was so thoughtful - he knows how much water I drink and wanted to get me something I really love. What a sweetheart!

My favorite activity was on that Friday when Nut's school put on a "Donuts for Dad" activity in the morning. I got to go and have donuts and juice with Sammy and then make a boat together out of a bar of soap, etc. It was so nice to spend some quality one-on-one time with Peanut. And he sent me home with a trophy he made (see the 2nd pic below) labeled "World's Best Dad" and full of Hershey's kisses.

My proudest moment of the weekend came when the boys (and the rest of the under-12 children at church) sang their Father's Day song to all the dads. My kiddos practiced for weeks and, even now, still occasionally break into song spontaneously. I got videos of each of them singing the song right after we got home from church (see below). Beeju was uncharacteristically shy and refrained from doing the hand motions. But Nut makes up for that. Both of them were just unbelievably cute. (I confess that it's taken me a really long time tonight to publish this post because I keep stopping to watch those videos...over and over and over and over.)

There's just no doubt that I'm the single luckiest papa ever. I could not possibly be any prouder of my boys. I spend every morning, noon and night thanking my God for the incredible blessing of being a father and for the two priceless jewels He has blessed me with. I love them sooooo much!















No comments: