Saturday, July 24, 2010

La Fiesta de Aqua

Saturday, July 24, 2010. Our church family got together for a "Splash Party" this afternoon. We had all the typical activities and games and plenty of food. Any excuse to cool down on a July afternoon in Houston is welcome in my book. I was one of the few adults to come in my swimsuit. What's wrong with you clowns? You know who you are.

One of Nut's favorite activities was the game where he had to pour water on someone else's head (in this case, Spencer) until the bucket was full.

Uh, do you think Peanut was having a good time? How could anyone possibly look at this kid and not smile? Impossible.

One of Beeju's favorite activities was soaking Dad. At first he opted for a watergun. Then multiple waterguns. Then he discovered the more effective wringing-the-sponge-on-my-head technique. The beauty was that he (and all of his accomplices) thought they were "getting me"...but instead, it was a win-win because it kept me nice and cool on a hot Texas afternoon.

I could just stare all day....

....at this little mouse....

...blowing bubbles. I think I'm addicted.

Beeju and his cousin, Aaron, getting their bubbly on.

Beautiful form...love the follow through. The Pirates may be calling him up soon. Thankfully, he missed his close-range target this time.

No comments: