Sunday, May 31, 2009

Getting to Know Peanut

Sammy is a happy boy. That pretty well sums up my little Peanut. He's had a smile on his face from the start. If you're ever having a bad day, you just need a little dose of this guy. He'll cheer you up instantly. Just the thought of him while I'm at work makes me smile ear to ear. Some day, when I grow up, I want to be just like him. I love him endlessly. Undoubtedly, it is souls like him who give us hope for the future.

He's also the most grateful person I know. He thanks me for everything - for saying "sure" when he asks for a drink, for getting him a drink, for taking his sippy when he's done, etc. I'll literally get a dozen "thank yous" an hour from him. And every one is totally and completely sincere. Even when he was super sick, exhaused and sprawled out on the tile floor a few weekends back, he just kept saying, "thank you, Daddy, thank you" every time he saw me cleaning up vomit or changing his clothes or laying next to him. Nothing makes Papa's heart melt like that little voice expressing his gratitude to me.

Say hi to my Nut. Captain of the grin and apple of my eye.





No comments: