Sunday, May 31, 2009

Los Hermanitos Simiskey

I would really, really (really!) love to have a little girl to pamper. There's just something about baby girls that is so pure and sweet and heavenly. That dream has obviously been deferred (though hopefully not permanently). But let me tell you, I totally adore having two boys. Seeing the brothers interact and watching them look out for each other is so fun. There are definitely plenty of times when they tussle over a toy or push each other's buttons. But man, if someone else picks on one of them or slights them in any way, the unaffected party instantly comes to the defense of the other. I love how they are constantly aware of the other and will protect each other as much as possible. They love being together and always comment to me about the cute or funny things the other is doing.


Here are a few brotherly pics...



Showing off the hats they made at preschool.


Getting ready for some swimming action. (I love how Beeju often has his pants about an inch and a half too high. He's gonna make a great grandpa someday.)

On one of our weekly "campouts" in the Great Indoors. We love our campouts and the pre-campout "explorations" around the house with our flashlights looking for wild animals. Apparently Papa was gone a little too long this night and lost his spot in the "tent."


Waiting for Mama to get home from her weekend getaway trip to New York back in February. They insisted on getting three sets of flowers instead of one, which I was happy to oblige on. Unfortunately, they didn't quite work the magic we were all hoping for. On a side note, 12 hours after this picture was taken, my office building had been seized by the FBI and I had been placed under a gag order. Ah, February. Not a great month for Papa Sausage. But a cute picture, right?

4 comments:

Christie said...

Ben, Your boys are cute!! Blogging can be fun, thanks for sharing, it's always nice to hear and see what's going on with people back home when you are so far away! Looks like your a great dad, and boys are so fun!

Nicole and Scott Kesten said...

ben, great pics! so happy you started a blog!!!

the boys are adorable.

the kestens

Shel said...

Awesome job on the blog... I'm really feelin' the pressure now.. I am truly alone in comment land. I may give one a shot after graduation. Noah and Sam are the sweetest... I love love love them.

Shel-

Liza Jane said...

Fun to see what my boys will be like in a couple years! That's great they're such good friends.