Tuesday, November 24, 2009

On Your Mark, Get Set...Yikes, I'm Not Ready

Monday, August 24, 2009. While this isn't exactly "hot off the press," I couldn't NOT leave a post of Noah's first day of school. It seems like sooo long ago now. He's grown up a lot in the past three months since starting school. In a way, I couldn't be happier about that. And yet, there's part of me that wishes he could stay little forever.

The first day of school is obviously a big deal for the student. But it's also a huge day for parents. I didn't sleep much the night before, and I was counting the minutes until dismissal all that day. I'm so glad it went well and that he's loving school. Now if I could just get him to eat something other than peanut butter and honey sandwiches for dinner...

The sign outside Noah's classroom.

Standing in front of the school on day number one. Can't you just see the apprehension oozing out?


The old man and the rookie. About to enter a whole new world. Both of them. I now know what Nemo's dad felt like.

This kind of somber, sad face didn't make it any easier for Dad to leave his boy at school for the very first time. Thankfully, he has a really, really awesome teacher, and she made sure that sad face didn't stick around long.


I didn't want Noah having to deal with daycare on top of his first day of school. That's a long, tough day for a 5-year old. So I arranged to work from home that day and pick him up right at 2:45p. Here he is after school, starting to get his smile back.


Back home in his element, there was no more nervousness about school. Just being his old, silly self and enjoying a cold one.


Giving a shout-out to all of his new, soon-to-be kindergarten friends.

The first day of school was a big deal for the entire family. So here's Nutty celebrating the occasion with a popcicle too.

No comments: