Sunday, July 5, 2009

Forced Humility

After an activity at church tonight, a young boy came up to me and we had the following exchange:

Him: "I take it Daniel didn't come tonight." (Daniel's one of my nephews.)

Me: (After figuring out what on earth he was talking about) "Oh, I think you're looking for Daniel's dad. He's right over there." (pointing to my brother, James)

Him: (looking back and forth between James and me...confused)

Me: "We're brothers."

Him: "Oh."

Me: (trying to be somewhat funny...although we all know it's sooo true) "I'm the better looking one."

Him: (with a very serious look and after closely evaluating the two options) "Not exactly."

Me: (I thought to myself a la the vintage Bruce Lee movies with the bad English dubbing..."We shall meet again, young friend. And next time, you won't be so lucky.")

5 comments:

Liza Jane said...

Classic!

Andi Simiskey said...

Nice!

Martin Andrews said...

My Dad has a shirt that says, "The older I get the better I was." Sums it up!

Shel said...

Funny :)

I started a blog (Finally), too. I don't have much on there yet, but we'll see how well I can keep it up.

Lori Hurst said...

I snuck on to your blog via Kristies - hope you don't mind. This made me laugh out loud!

Hope things are well with you.