Monday, July 13, 2009

God Speed

Today I said goodbye to one of the dearest friends I've ever had. Well, it's not goodbye yet, because he hasn't officially left. But I know he's leaving next month. And as of this morning, he is no longer my bishop (pastor). There's no way for me to adequately bid him farewell. What he has meant to me is absolutely immeasurable. As I've said before, he is my Captain Moroni. I would go to the end of the world at the drop of a hat for him. He has been such a rock of support, especially during the trials of the past 12 months. He truly has the Light of Christ and is a man of God.

He and I have shared countless experiences together, many of which are too special to talk about in a casual setting. I will treasure every single one of those for the rest of my life. He's my brother and my friend, and I love him with all my heart. I've struggled mightily to deal with his pending departure (this blog post is another attempt to try to deal with it), but I'm excited for him and his family to go on this new adventure.

My prayer for him and his family comes from the Old Testament (Numbers 6:24-26)...

24 The Lord bless thee, and keep thee
25 The Lord make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee
26 The Lord lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

God speed, Josh! I will miss you dearly, my friend!

1 comment:

Andi Simiskey said...

You're a good one Ben.