Sunday, September 13, 2009

Preschool Graduation

Thursday, May 14, 2009. This is going back in the vault a bit, but when we went to a birthday party for one of Noah's preschool classmates this weekend (a post on that to come), it reminded me that I never posted about his preschool graduation. So here it is.

A slightly blurry shot of Noah receiving his "diploma" from one of his teachers. This was my favorite part of the entire night. When each child walked out, the school director would say, "John Smith, future ________" and then fill in the blank with what the child wanted to be when he/she grew up. As you might guess, there were lots of doctors, nurses, teachers, firemen, etc. When Noah's turn finally came near the end, she announced, "Noah Simiskey, future daddy." At which point, the entire crowd let out an "ahhhhhhh" and my heart just about burst with pride. How on earth did I get so lucky?!? I definitely don't deserve to have such adorable and loving boys. But I'll take it!!

A slightly better pic of my man in his robe with his diploma.

Beeju (silly face and all) with his teachers. They were so, so great! I have a class photo on the fireplace mantle, and Noah often likes to say good morning to Ms. Jolie and Ms. Adrianna when he wakes up. Everytime we drive down to Pecan Grove, he asks if we can detour over to his old school.


Beeju and his best friend, Jake. I'm only posting this because I know that Noah likes to look at the pics on my blog, and he'll want to see Jake.

Papa getting his first tickles/squeezes in post-ceremony. This was the brief after-party in his classroom.


The pic of Beeju on the wall outside of his class.

The after-after-party - Jamba Juice and another "crazy pose" by the graduate. For a couple of months, just about everytime a camera came out, Noah would strike a silly pose. I have a couple from graduation that I didn't post here of him doing it on stage. And if you watch the video below, he busts one out at the very end of the performance. He might not have stayed in the "crazy pose phase" so long if I hadn't died laughing every time he did it. I wish I had a tenth of the charisma and personality that this kid has.

This is Noah's class performing "Twist and Shout." The video is a couple of minutes long but worth a viewing. My favorite parts: (1) Beeju's studly pointing at the girls on either side of him during the lyrics "you know you look so good" about 15 seconds in, (2) his air guitar performance starting about 56 seconds in, and (3) his "crazy pose" at the very end when the music stops. Classic Beeju! The guys also performed "My Girl" later on which was another hit with the crowd.

Ok, ok, I know...this was PRESCHOOL graduation. But still. I'm dang proud of my "future daddy." It was a big adjustment for him going to school this year, but he did so great. I just couldn't be a prouder papa than when I look at my boys and see how great they are and how much potential they have. They each have very, very special destinies ahead of them.

Congratulations on your big night, Beeju! I love you!

1 comment:

Shel said...

I loveeee the pic of Noah with his teachers!! His face is just priceless! I love the caps and gowns, AWESOME!