Saturday, September 26, 2009

Camping Adventure

September 25, 2009. So for a month or two, I've been telling the boys that we would go camping as soon as it cooled down (camping in this part of Texas during the summer is insane). When we finally got some cooler temps this week, we were all excited to plan our campout for this weekend. All week we had nice, cool nights. And wouldn't you know, as soon as it's time to put up the tent last night, we have an all-too-familiar muggy, sticky night. I had to bust out my camping fan (and shed some clothes) just to give us a little bit of relief in the tent. We also had to fight off quite a few skeeters. Nut definitely took the brunt of that battle...he's got the bites to show for it today.

But all in all, I wouldn't trade our camping adventure for anything. (Although, next time, I'll bring a book or my laptop or something to occupy me after the boys fall asleep.) When we woke up, they begged me to leave the tent up so we could sleep in there again tonight, so I take it they had a pretty good time too. Now, if we could just get some more fall weather, we can start planning our next campout.
Beeju doing his best wild animal impersonation, and Nut peeping through the window. Noah was eager to go exploring for some "nocturnals" - one of his passions. We only found a bullfrog, but that seemed to satisfy their need to see an animal.

Taking a breather after some intense rounds of "Chutes & Ladders" and "Candy Land."

Beeju cooling down with some refreshing chocolate milk.

Nut, Froggie, Mater and Lightning McQueen getting ready to zonk out. Night, night boys. Sleep tight. Papa loves you!!!

1 comment:

Richmond Stake Day of Service said...

What fun memories that will stick with the boys forever! You are a great dad!!