Monday, March 7, 2011

Come On Baby, Light My Fire...works

Friday, September 10, 2010. One major benefit of the Houston Astros not being good recently is that the team occasionally runs some killer promos to sell tickets. On one particular homestand last September, they had an especially good deal. I got field box tickets 6 rows up from 1st base for $9. AND it was bobblehead night. AND it was dollar dog night. AND it was a Friday fireworks night. Jackpot. So of course I got tickets for me and the boys.

The game ended up going into extra innings (a two-run HR by the Dodgers won it in the 11th), but the boys were determined to stay and see the fireworks. So we didn't get home until almost 1:00a, but it was worth every minute. And what a way for Peanut to see his first game!


Brothers walking and talking on the way to Minute Maid Park. I'm sorry, but is that cute or what? Ridiculously cute. Seriously, I can't stop staring at it.


Saw Mickey on the way in to our seats. Peanut probably could've seen this and gone home and been happy. But little did he know the fun that was yet in store.


If you look closely, I'm pretty sure his shoes are on fire. Smokin' fast!


Curious George does NOT fool around when he runs. And yet, he still manages to smile the entire way. You just cannot possibly take the adorable out of that boy.


This shows you how close we were. For $9! (Those seats are normally $39.) And our section was only sparsely filled. In fact, we just about had our entire row to ourselves. Which allowed for my munchkins to wander up and down the row periodically to stretch their legs - a key benefit in any baseball game, but especially an extra inning affair.


Q: What's the only thing better for a young fan than cotton candy at a baseball game?


A: Having your own, so you don't have to share.


Talk about focused. He looks like Clubber Lang waiting for Rocky in Rocky III ("Dead meat."). This was a game where a shot of water would come out of that hole in the middle of the plate, and you had to try to hit it.


Look at that bat speed! He missed the water, but he's putting together a nice golf swing.


The first 10,000 fans got free harmonicas. I know, I had the same quizzical reaction at first. See below for why they handed them out.


So after the game finally ended, and while we waited for the retractable roof to open for the fireworks show, they attempted to set a new Guinness world record for "largest harmonica ensemble." Uh, ok. Whatever. So here we are doing our part to make history. It was an honor, really. And by that, I mean it helped to pass the time while we waited for the fireworks.


Pure enjoyment. And I'm just talking about me watching Sam watching fireworks.

Admiring the fireworks. First of all, I LOVE the joy on Noah's face - and the way he was nuzzling me and holding my arm. Second, check out those mad photo skills. Ladies and germs...the one-handed no looker!

2 comments:

Laura said...

Thanks for FINALLY updating your blog! It's been fun reading about all of your adventures.

I get the feeling you kind of like those boys of yours....

Pops Stargell said...

Guilty as charged.