Monday, March 21, 2011

Corpus Retreat, Part Deux

Wednesday-Thursday, August 11-12, 2010. Continuation of our mini vacation to Corpus Christi...

Riding the shuttle to the ship. Sorry...can't take my eyes off that hot beard. It's more Ben Affleck than Brett Keisel, but it'll do.



Dang I love our flag. Always have. Chokes me up every time I see Old Glory. I literally can't pass her by without pausing. What a great country we live in. Perfect? Heck no. But there's no place like it. Where's my Lee Greenwood CD when I need it?


The boys putting on their best "brig faces."

Seeing all the old military garb made me miss both my Grandpas. Great men. Sure wish the boys had known them. Some day.

Beeju and his favorite plane on the deck. Obviously it was the one with the skull and crossbones. Duh.

Nut and his favorite plane on the deck.

Had to wait in a long line to get onto the ferry in Port Aransas because a couple of their boats were out of commission that day. So I had plenty of time to laugh at this sign. I mean, seriously...thank you, Captain Obvious.

Trying to ride the ferry, stare into the sun and take a reverse, one-handed pic of the three of us. Face it...my skills are legit.

It wouldn't be a trip to Corpus without a couple of hours playing on the beach. Only got a couple of quick shots here, because the photog was too busy playing the whole time.

Dude, check out those guns. My boy has been working out.

This pic doesn't do justice to the cool playground I found online for us to visit just before the long drive home.

Peanut.

Mr. Noah - always the monkey.


2 comments:

Kristie said...

Beards are NEVER cool. That sign is hilarious!! Looks like you guys had a blast.

Pops Stargell said...

Don't make me ban you from my blog, Kristie. Respect the beard.