Monday, March 21, 2011

Corpus Retreat, Part One

Wednesday-Thursday, August 11-12, 2010. This post is entirely generated out of the sheer missing of my boys. Because of joint custody and our 50-50 split, Amy and I rotate who gets the boys for Spring Break. I get even years, she gets odd. So they've been enjoying their break from school with her and her parents this past week. They've been having a good time, and I've enjoyed hearing about their adventures each night on the phone. But dang I miss them! I miss them after an HOUR, so I'm pulling my hair out after a WEEK (hey, no bald jokes!).

And since the weather has been beach-worthy lately, I've been spending a lot of time daydreaming about being on the sand with my kiddos. Which brought up the memory of a mini vacation that we took last August down to Corpus Christi (about 3 hours away) that I never blogged about. So here are the pics. It's mostly just a late-night therapy session for me to look through photos and relive a great memory. T-minus 14 hours until I see them again!

Beeju kissing his bed. Yes, kissing. Repeatedly. He loved this place. Loved everything about it. Now THAT's the kind of genuine reaction that lets you know they're enjoying themselves.

Nut opening his gift bag from the hotel. They had a great kids program...gift bags at check-in (treats, games, etc), cookies and milk delivered to the room in the evening, etc. It's 7 months later, and the boys still talk excitedly about this hotel.

View from the room. Very relaxing.

Another shot from the room. That's the USS Lexington, which we visited the next day (see below and the part two post).

Nut and his froggie enjoying the hot tub while Beeju swam.

Peanut vs Beeju in ping pong. Mostly just ping, actually. There wasn't much back and forth...too many killer serves.

One of the many games we played back in our room.

Peanut and his entourage of stuffed friends. Out like a light. Didn't even make it through the story we were reading.

Beeju and his entourage of stuffed friends. He was giddy all night. Made me so happy.

Rested and ready for the day!

With a Blue Angel.

Visiting the USS Lexington.



All aboard!

No real reason for a second shot of this. Except that I love their goofiness. And it cracks me up that Noah kept posing like that (one hand on his hip, the other in the air). No idea why. But I love it. Oh, and it kinda looks like Peanut has rabbit ears. Cute little Bunny.

Post continued...


1 comment:

Chris said...

Lucky boys. Really lucky boys. Miss you!