Sunday, March 6, 2011

Green Acres Is The Place To Be

Saturday, October 23, 2010. This was our annual autumn visit to Dewberry Farm in Brookshire, TX - just a stone's throw from home (assuming you could throw a stone 20 miles). Great place to take the kids and spend an afternoon. We couldn't get enough and ended up shutting the place down at night this time. Lots of fun things to do. Plus, they sell food on sticks which is just a bonus.

It just wouldn't be a true Texan blog without a good farm post every now and again.




Brief pause in the action. I love this shot because of Sammy's facial expression. You have to click on it and blow it up for the full effect. Such a Nut.


A determined Nut at the duck races. You have to prime the pump so that the water comes out and creates a current for the rubber duckies to race down the row.








Moments before getting bounced to the moon.




Sno-cone break.






Getting ready for the pig races. I tried to get shots of the race itself, but those little squealers were FAST. Gave me nightmarish flashbacks to the javelinas that chased me on a Scout campout at Aransas Pass back in the day as a scrawny 12-year-old when my leader dropped me off near the entrance to hike in to camp by myself so I could pass off a requirement. I've never been the same since. Come up behind me and squeal and see how fast I run. Seriously...do it...I want to hear you squeal. Come on, chicken.


Noah's obviously thrilled to be taking this pic. But he still humored me. I love that about him.


Somehow, Nut always seems 3-4 inches too short for these things no matter where we go or how big or small the sign. But you gotta love the effort from Shorty.


Hot on the trail in the corn maze.


Riding in these things for an adult is mega-uncomfortable. It has the leg room of a dishwasher (even for a 6-year-old, as you can see). But riding around with these angels, do you really think I cared even the slightest? No. The answer is no.

2 comments:

Andi Simiskey said...

Okay... this place looks awesome! We want to go too some time! Seriously!

Pops Stargell said...

My pics don't do it justice. It's a lot of fun. I'd invite you next October, but you guys will be gone by then, right?